Occassional Cocktails may earn compensation from purchases made after clicking links on this page. Learn more Here.
Whip up this super easy chocolate covered pretzel shot If you are a fan of sweet and salty. This super easy dessert shot tastes like chocolate-covered pretzels in drink form.
What is a Chocolate Covered Pretzel Shot?
A chocolate covered pretzel shot is a combination of frangelico and whipped cream vodka, to amp up the flavor at a chocolate syrup and salt rim. This easy two ingredient shot is sweet, chocolatey and tastes like, well, a chocolate-covered pretzel.
Frangelico originated in Italy. It is a caramel colored liqueur. It is made with hazelnuts, vanilla and chocolate to name a few ingredients. These three ingredients are also the strongest flavor notes in the liqueur.
Vodka is made by fermenting grains and then distilling them. It is a clear liquor. Whipped cream vodka is type of flavored vodka that is sweet with notes of vanilla and cream flavors.
Occasions for this shot
This shot is so easy to make and is super delicious, it is well suited for many occasions including:
- Birthday parties
- Holiday parties
- Dessert drinks
Possible shot variations
It’s important not to change things up in this shot too much or you won’t have the chocolate covered pretzel flavor. However, there are a few possible variations including:
- Switch out the whipped cream vodka. You can use vanilla vodka in place of whipped cream vodka if you need to. Vanilla vodka has a similar flavor with less cream and an amped up vanilla taste.
- Change up the frangelico. Frangelico is the most notable and best suited hazelnut liqueur for the shot. However, there are some other liqueurs that have a hazelnut flavor that can make do in a pinch.
- Ramp up the chocolate. If the chocolate flavor in the shot is not enough, add a little splash of chocolate liqueur or creme de cacao to amp it up.
How to make this drink:
This is one of the easiest shots to make, you only need two ingredients. You should be able to whip this one up and three or four minutes including rimming your glass.
- .75 oz frangelico
- .75 oz whipped cream vodka
- chocolate syrup (optional garnish)
- salt (optional garnish)
Ensure that you have everything you need for this shot as you get started including shot glass, jigger, Hawthorne strainer, cocktail shaker, frangelico, whipped cream vodka, ice, chocolate syrup, saucer and salt.
Grab your ice and toss it into your cocktail shaker. The shaker should be almost completely full.
Grab the frangelico and jigger. Measure 0.75 oz of frangelico and toss it into the shaker.
Grab the whipped cream vodka and jigger. Measure 0.75 oz of whipped cream vodka and toss it into the shaker.
Grab the lid to the cocktail shaker and place it over top of the shaker. Shake well for around 15 or so seconds. The outside of the shaker should become icy and cold.
If you’d like to rim your shot glass now it’s the time to do so. You can drizzle some chocolate syrup around the inside of the glass.
Or, you can pour some chocolate syrup on a saucer and place the shot glass rim down into the chocolate syrup.
Then, on a second saucer, sprinkle a thin layer of salt. Place the chocolate syrup rimmed glass into the salt and rock it back and forth so the salt sticks to the rim.
Pop the top off the shaker and place the Hawthorne strainer over the top of the shaker. Strain the shot from the shaker into your shot glass.
Chocolate Covered Pretzel Shot
- Hawthorne strainer
- cocktail shaker
- shot glass
- .75 oz Frangelico
- .75 oz whipped cream vodka
- chocolate syrup optional garnish
- pretzel optional garnish
- Collect all of the necessary equipment and ingredients together
- Fill your shaker up with ice.
- Pick up the Frangelico. Measure out .75 oz with the jigger. Dump it into the shaker.
- Pick up the whipped cream vodka. Measure out .75 oz with the jigger. Dump it into the shaker.
- Put the shaker lid over the top of the shaker.
- Shake it up for around 15 seconds or until the shaker becomes cold to the touch.
- Grab the shot glass and chocolate syrup. Drizzle the chocolate syrup around the inside of the glass.
- Take the shaker lid off and put the strainer on top of the shaker.
- Pour the drink into the glass.