If you’re looking for a sweet, creamy and fizzy drink try out the Colorado bulldog cocktail. This easy four ingredient drink is super simple to mix up and absolutely delicious.
What is a Colorado Bulldog Cocktail?
A Colorado bulldog cocktail is a combination of vodka, Kahlua, heavy cream and Coca-Cola. The resulting cocktail is like a light and bubbly iced coffee. It’s similar to a White Russian but has a fizzy spicy kick from the coke.
Vodka is a clear liquor that is made by distilling fermented grains such as potatoes or rye. It tends to be a rather neutral tasting liquor that simply adds an alcoholic bite to the drinks it is added to.
Kahlua is a coffee flavored liqueur. It is made from rum, arabica coffee beans and sugar. It is a sweet and strongly coffee flavored drink.
Coca-Cola, as you may already know, is a popular soda. Like other sodas it has carbonation in it causing it to be fizzy and bubbly. It has an extremely sweet flavor with undertones of vanilla and spices.
Heavy cream is essentially the milk fat that sits on top of milk. It is thick, creamy and sweet.
When to Make This Drink:
Without easy this one is to make and how delicious it is it is well suited for multiple occasions such as:
- dessert drinks
- after dinner cocktails
- celebrations and get togethers
Here are a couple ways you can change this drink up.
- Sub out heavy cream. The heavy cream is the best to use in this drink, if you don’t have any you can substitute whipping cream, milk or even half and half.
- Make it a diet. Instead of using regular Coke, you can use diet Coke, caffeine free Coke or sugar-free Coke.
- Use a different coffee liqueur. Kahlua is not the only coffee liqueur out there. You can use a different one such as Tia Maria.
How to make this drink:
You can easily toss this drink together in 3 minutes or less. It only takes four easy and simple ingredients and a couple stirs.
- 1 oz Kahlua
- 1 oz Heavy cream
- 1.5 oz Vodka
- 1 oz Coke
Make sure you have everything needed to make this drink including a rocks glass, a jigger, ice, Coca-Cola, vodka, Kahlua, heavy cream and a cocktail shaker or bar spoon.
Grab your ice and your rocks glass. Fill your glass almost to the top with ice.
Take your jigger and your vodka. Using your jigger measure 1.5 oz of vodka and toss it into your glass.
Take your jigger and your Kahlua. Using your jigger measure 1 oz of Kahlua and toss it into your glass with the vodka.
Take your jigger and your heavy cream. Using your jigger measure 1 oz of heavy cream and toss it into your glass with the Kahlua and vodka.
Take your Coke and jigger. Using your jigger measure 1 oz of Coke and toss it into your glass with the heavy cream, Kahlua and vodka.
note: You can skip using the jigger to measure the coke and simply top your glass off with Coke. If you choose this route, you’ll likely end up with more than an ounce of Coke which is fine it will just have a stronger Coke flavor.
Finally, get your drink mixed up. To do this, you have two options. You can either toss the drink from your glass to the shaker and back into the glass.
Or, you can gently use a bar spoon to give the drink a few stirs.
Colorado Bulldog Cocktail
- bar spoon
- cocktail shaker
- Rocks glass
- 1 oz Kahlua
- 1 oz Heavy Cream
- 1.5 oz Vodka
- 1 oz Coke
- Gather up everything you need for mixing your drink.
- Fill your rocks glass up with ice.
- Use your jigger and measure 1 oz of Kahlua. Dump the kahlua into your glass.
- Use your jigger and measure 1.5 oz of vodka. Dump the vodka into your glass.
- Use your jigger and measure 1 oz of heavy cream. Dump the heavy cream into your glass.
- Use your jigger and measure 1 oz of coke Dump the coke into your glass.Alternatively, if you want a heavier coke flavor, you can skip measuring and just top the glass off with coke.
- To mix the drink, you have two options:1) gently toss the drink from the glass to your shaker and back into the glass.2) Use a bar spoon to gently give it a few good stirs.