What’s more summertime than a cool glass sweet and sour lemonade? Well, It might just be this tangy and invigorating sparkling lemonade! If you’re looking for something a little extra to hit the spot this refreshing bubbly twist on an old classic just might be what you’re looking for.
🥂 What is a Homemade Sparkling Lemonade?
A homemade sparkling lemonade is a fizzy and easy to make beverage that is a combination of club soda, lemon juice and simple syrup. This refreshing drink has a strong bubbly bite with a classic sweet and sour lemon flavor that you are familiar with from any lemonade.
Plain lemonade which is a combination of lemon juice, water and a sweetener is a refreshing and classic drink that everyone knows and loves. It’s hydrating and refreshing, just like this cucumber and lemon water.
Here are just some of the reasons why this is a fantastic recipe to try:
- Super easy. If you have 3 minutes then you have plenty of time to stir this one together. It’s only three ingredients and all you have to do is add them to a glass and stir well.
- Thirst quenching. There’s nothing much more thirst quenching than the nice combination of lemon juice, water and sugar. The extra bubbles in this drink just add to the refreshing taste.
- A little fancy. If you’re looking for something that’s got a little more oomph than a plain lemonade, this is the way to go. The added bubbles and fizz really level up this drink to make it perfect to serve when you’re looking for something with a little bit of bang at your event.
⭐ When to Make This Drink
This versatile and easy to stir up drink can be served at most any event. Here are just a few you might want to think about:
- Pool parties
Here are a few flavor variations and ingredient substitutions that you can try out, if desired:
- Use flavored lemonade. Give this some fruit flavor by using a flavored lemonade.
- Use flavored simple syrup. Use any flavor simple syrup you want like lemon simple syrup, honey simple syrup, or get a little crazy and make a spicy jalapeno syrup.
- Use pickle juice. No, but seriously, it’s good. Use a pickle lemonade which is the perfect combination of sweet, salty and citrus.
- Squeeze your own lemons. Make this is fresh as possible by squeezing your own lemons instead of using store-bought. You’ll want to either roll the lemons on the counter first or use a juicer to really get all of the juice out of them. One lemon has about a quarter cup of juice in it.
- Use a different sweetener. You can use any type of sweetener you like just substitute in for the simple syrup. Honey and agave are two popular choices.
- Use flavored seltzer water. If you want to give this a little flavor twist you can use a flavored Seltzer water instead of regular club soda. Some good choices are lime flavor, lemon flavor or different berry flavors.
- 1.5 oz Lemon juice
- 2 oz Simple syrup
- 5 oz Club soda
Get everything started by making sure you have everything you need. This should include bar spoon, glass, ice, jigger, simple syrup, lemon juice and club soda.
Use the ice to fill the glass up to the very top.
Use the jigger to measure 1.5 oz of lemon juice. Then, pour that into the glass.
Use a jigger to measure 2 oz of simple syrup. Then, pour that into the glass.
Grab the club soda and pour it directly into the glass. You should fill the glass all the way to the top. It will take around 5 oz or so depending on the size of the glass you’re using.
Finally, take the bar spoon and place it in the glass. Then, give everything a few good stirs so that it is well mixed.
Homemade Sparkling Lemonade
- bar spoon
- highball glass
- 1.5 oz Lemon Juice
- 2 oz Simple Syrup
- 5 – 6 oz Club Soda
- Toss the ice into the highball glass so that it is filled to the brim.
- Grab the lemon juice and measure out 1.5 oz with jigger. Toss the lemon juice into the glass.*see below for amounts in tbs and cups if you prefer those.
- Grab the simple syrup and measure out 2 oz with the jigger. Toss the simple syrup into the glass.
- Grab the club soda and measure out 5 – 6 oz with the jigger. Toss the club soda into the glass.Pro tip: skip measuring the club soda and just pour it right into the glass, topping the glass off.
- Take the bar spoon and stir the drink up.
- 3 tbs lemon juice
- ¼ cup simple syrup
- ¾ cup club soda