Occassional Cocktails may earn compensation from purchases made after clicking links on this page. Learn more Here.
This peppermint milk is packed full of marvelous minty flavor. This delicious, cool and refreshing combination is the perfect blend of sweet and cream. Serve this one up at a wide array of different times from winter holidays to kids birthdays.
🥛 What is a Peppermint Milk?
This peppermint milk is a simple and delicious combination of two ingredients: peppermint simple syrup and your milk of choice. The resulting drink is creamy and minty it’s smooth and satisfying.
Flavored milks are always a fun addition to serve up at any occasion. This is not the only popular flavor you can easily make. A few other popular flavors include pumpkin milk, vanilla milk and sugar cookie milk.
Here are a few reasons you are sure to love this easy recipe:
- Refreshing and minty. This milk is cool, refreshing and minty. The zing of peppermint flavor is a perfect to sip on as a soothing or relaxing drink.
- So quick. It only takes about 2 minutes to stir everything together. Simply throw the two ingredients in your glass and stir well.
- Festive. Cool peppermint flavor is the perfect complement to the holiday season. Additionally, it’s easy to make this drink even more festive by adding some garnishes and decadent rimming to the glass.
⭐ When to Make This Drink
Not sure when to store this one up? Give a few of these times a consideration:
- Winter holidays
- Before bed treat
Change up some ingredients or create a few flavor modifications to get this drink to fit your needs. Here are a few ideas you can try:
- Use dairy-free milk. You can go dairy-free with this one by using an almond milk, cashew milk, oat milk or whatever your dairy-free milk alternative preference is.
- Skip the simple syrup. You can skip the simple syrup and still make a strong peppermint flavor by crushing up peppermint candies and letting them infuse in the milk for a few hours before straining them out and drinking.
- Make it more decadent. Turn this into more of a dessert drink by adding some decadence to it. You can add a large dollop of whipped cream to the top. You can also rim the glass with chocolate syrup and then roll it and crushed peppermint candies.
- Dial the flavor up or down. You can make this one as sweet and flavorful as you want. Or, you can dial the sweetness down some. Simply adjust the amount of simple syrup that you add.
- 2 oz Peppermint Simple Syrup (store bought, or make your own with 1 cup water, 1 cup sugar, 1 teaspoon peppermint extract)
- 4 oz of Milk
Collect your highball glass, ice, bar spoon, milk and peppermint simple syrup.
Note: feel free to use any type of glass you prefer.
Put ice into the glass. It should be filled up to the rim.
Measure 2 oz of peppermint syrup and pour it into the glass.
Note: You can buy this at the store or make your own. We have a detailed right up on how to make homemade peppermint syrup, or you can see a brief overview in the recipe card below.
Measure out 4 oz of milk and pour that into the glass. Or, you can simply pour the milk straight into the glass so that it is completely filled.
Place the bar spoon into the glass. Then, stir it well so that everything is mixed completely together.
- bar spoon
- highball glass
- cocktail shaker optional
- Hawthorne strainer optional
- 2 oz Peppermint simple syrup if making your own you will need 1 teaspoon peppermint, 1 cup water, 1 cup sugar
- 4 oz Milk
Peppermint simple syrup
- Add 1 teaspoon of peppermint extract , 1 cup water, 1 cup sugar in a pot.
- Simmer for 10 minutes on medium heat while stirring frequently.
- Remove from heat and put into fridge to chill.
- Fill the glass up with ice.
- Use the jigger and measure out 2 oz of peppermint syrup. Pour that in the glass.*see below notes section if you want to measure in cups.
- Use the jigger and measure out 4 oz of milk. Pour that into the glass.Alternatively, you can pour it straight into the glass to top it off.
- Use the bar spoon to mix everything together.
- ¼ cup of peppermint simple syrup
- ½ cup of milk
- You can also use a cocktail shaker and shake this to mix instead of stirring.
- Use dairy free milk if desired.
- You can also serve this one warm. Simply warm the milk for 15 – 20 seconds in the microwave before stirring it in.