Take a sip of some sweet summer vibes with this virgin strawberry margarita. This one is a beautiful red and it’s bursting with berry flavor. Grab your glass and get to sipping as it takes you on a refreshing taste adventure full of fruity goodness.
🍹 What is a Virgin Strawberry Margarita?
A virgin strawberry margarita is an easy to make non-alcoholic version of a classic cocktail. This easy drink is a combination of strawberry simple syrup, orange juice, lime juice and club soda. The resulting beverage is a beautiful red color and it’s a bursting with bright strawberry and orange flavors with a little kick of a bubbly fizz.
This drink is a great fruity on a classic cocktail and it is then turned into a mocktail by removing the liquor. It’s easy to turn cocktails into mocktails, a few other examples are this virgin strawberry daiquiri or this virgin Pina colada.
It’s easy to make this as a mocktail simply by adding in some soda water to substitute for the liquor that’s typically used in the cocktail version. Additionally, adding a little bit of orange juice to capitalize on the orange flavor that is typically made by orange liqueur that is added in to margaritas.
This is delicious and pretty recipe is sure to be a dazzler at your next get together. Here are few reasons you might want to try this one out:
- Bursting with berries. This bright and beautiful mocktail is bursting with strawberry sweetness and every single sip. It’s like tasting summer.
- Customizable. This recipe is super easy to customize. You can tailor the ingredient amounts according to your flavor preferences as well as make it in a large batch or even make it frozen.
- So easy to make. With only four simple ingredients you should be able to shake this one up in about 5 minutes. It doesn’t get much easier as all you have to do is dump the ingredients together and give them shake.
⭐ When to Make This Drink
This super versatile mocktail is a great beverage to serve at a wide variety of different events and occasions. Here are a few suggestions:
- Cinco de Mayo celebrations
- Pool parties
- 4th of July
One of the spectacular things about this mocktail is how easy it is to customize. Check out a few of these ideas if you’re looking for flavor variations or ingredient modifications:
- Make it Frozen. You can make this a frozen margarita simply by adding all of your ingredients including a cup of ice into a blender and blending well. It’s making it frozen, you will also want to skip the soda water.
- Use fresh strawberries. You can use fresh strawberries as an addition to or in place of the strawberry flavored simple syrup. Simply use about a cup of strawberries and blend them together with the simple syrup and lime juice. Or, you can slice up a handful of strawberries and muddle them in a cocktail shaker with a simple syrup and lime juice.
- Rim the glass. Wedge of lime around the glass and roll it in either salt or sugar for a flavored rim.
- Make a pitcher. Serve the step for a large crowd by multiplying by 5 times the ingredient amounts. Then, mix everything together in a pitcher or punch bowl.
- Add a little agave flavor. Agave is the base of tequila which is what is typically used as a liquor in the cocktail version of this margarita. Use agave as a sweetener to give it a little bit of that flavor.
- 2 oz Strawberry simple syrup
- .5 oz Orange juice
- .5 oz Lime juice
- 4 oz club soda
Get everything gathered together including orange juice, club soda, shaker, strainer, lime juice, strawberry simple syrup, margarita glass and ice.
Fill up both the shaker and the margarita glass all the way to the top with ice.
Measure up 2 oz of strawberry simple syrup. Dump that into the shaker.
Measure .5 oz of lime juice. Dump that into shaker.
Measure up 0.5 oz of orange juice. Dump that into shaker.
Measure up 4 oz of club soda. Dump that into the shaker.
Stick the lid over top of the shaker and shake it up. Do be sure to not shake too vigorously or the club soda with fizz over.
Take off the lid of the shaker and put the Hawthorne strainer over top of the shaker. Strain the drink from the cocktail shaker into the margarita glass.
Virgin Strawberry Margarita
- cocktail shaker
- Hawthorne strainer
- Margarita glass
- 2 oz Strawberry simple syrup 1 cup sliced strawberries, 1 cup water, 1 cup sugar if you need to make for scratch
- .5 oz Orange Juice
- .5 oz Lime Juice
- 4 oz Club Soda
Strawberry Simple Syrup
- *if you don't want to make this, you can muddle strawberries as described in the notes section below under variations.
- Take a pot and toss 1 cup of sliced strawberries into it.
- Toss 1 cup of water in the pot.
- Toss 1 cup of sugar into the pot.
- Put the pot on the stovetop at medium high heat.
- Stir frequently while heating for 5 – 10 minutes.
- Remove from heat and strain the liquid through a strainer to remove any large strawberry pieces.
- Place it into the fridge to chill.
- Add ice to fill up the margarita glass and cocktail shaker to the rim.
- Measure out .5 oz of orange juice and toss it into the cocktail shaker.*see the notes below if you want to use tbs and cups instead of ounces.
- Measure out .5 oz of lime juice and toss it into the cocktail shaker.
- Measure out 4 oz of club soda and toss it into the cocktail shaker.
- Measure out 2 oz of the chilled strawberry simple syrup and toss it into the cocktail shaker.
- Put the top onto the shaker and shake it all up. The shaker will get cold and ice after about 15 seconds.
- Remove the shaker lid and put the strainer on the top of the shaker.
- Strain the drink from the shaker into the margarita glass.
- ¼ cup of strawberry simple syrup.
- 1 tbs of orange juice
- 1 tbs of lime juice
- ½ cup of club soda
- Make it frozen by using frozen strawberries or just adding some extra ice and blending everything together.
- Skip making the strawberry simple syrup, and muddle 5 – 10 strawberries in with simple syrup in a cocktail shaker before adding the rest of the ingredients.