Occassional Cocktails may earn compensation from purchases made after clicking links on this page. Learn more Here.
Try out this super awesome woo woo drink at your next party or get together. This bright red cocktail is easy to make and full of fun fruit flavor.
What is a Woo Woo Drink?
A woo woo drink is a combination of vodka, peach schnapps and cranberry juice. The resulting drink is a bright red super fruity drink full of peach and tart cranberry flavor.
This cocktail tastes very similar to a Cape coddler, but with an extra punch of peach added in. It is a super easy to make three ingredient highball.
Vodka is a liquor that is clear and color. It is made by fermenting grains such as rye or wheat. Those fermented grains are then distilled. Vodka is known for being an almost tasteless very neutral favored liquor.
Peach schnapps is a type of schnapps. Schnapps itself is a neutral tasting, clear base spirit. That is then infused with a sweet very strong peach flavor. The amount of alcohol contain a brand. It is commonly around 15% alcohol by volume or 30 proof.
The best type of cranberry juice to use for this drink is pure 100% cranberry juice. You oftentimes will find cocktails which have other juices added in. Though, you can use those it will take away from the tart cranberry flavor a bit.
Occasions for this drink
With how easy it is to make and it’s refreshing fruit flavor, this drink is suitable for a variety of times including:
- pool parties or beach get togethers
- Holiday celebrations
- Mid afternoon sipper
If you want to add a little something extra to your cocktail, here are a few ways to change it up.
- Use flavored vodka. If you want to amp up one of the group flavors use a flavored vodka instead of plain vodka. Cranberry flavored vodka or peach flavored vodka are a great mixes for this drink.
- Make it fizzy. If you like a little fizz added to your drinks you can make this one sparkling by adding a little splash of club soda to the drink which won’t change the taste at all.
- Add a citrus twist or garnish. Add a wedge of lime or lemon and as you drink your drink you can squeeze that into your drink to add a little citrus twist.
- Downsize it. The strength can also be made as a shot. To do this you’ll decrease the amounts of each ingredient proportionately to fit into shot glass.
- Make it punch. With how easy this one is to make it is served well as a punch as well. Just go ahead and multiply your ingredients by around 5 or 6 and add them to a punch bowl.
How to make this drink:
With three super easy ingredients this drink is incredibly easy to make. You just toss everything together and give them a shake or stir. This one can be whipped up in 3 minutes or less.
- 1.5 oz vodka
- .75 oz peach schnapps
- 3 oz cranberry juice
Get started by making sure you have everything needed to make this drink including peach schnapps, cranberry juice, vodka, ice, jigger, Hawthorne strainer and cocktail shaker or bar spoon, rocks glass or highball glass.
Note: You can you either a rocks glass or a highball glass for this cocktail. Choose whichever you prefer.
You’ll need to first get your cocktail shaker and glass filled with ice. Make sure the ice fills the both almost to the top.
Note: You can build this drink in your shaker or in your glass. The instructions below are for building it in the cocktail shaker.
However, if you choose to go to in your glass you’ll need to simply add all of the ingredients straight to the glass. To mix the drink up if you’ve made it in the glass you can either stir it with a bar spoon or you can toss it from the glass to the shaker and back to the glass.
Pick up your cranberry juice and your jigger. Using your jigger measure out 3 oz of cranberry juice and toss it into your shaker.
Pick up your vodka and your jigger. Using your jigger measure out 1.5 oz of vodka and toss it into the shaker with the cranberry juice.
Pick up your peach schnapps and jigger. Using the jigger measure out 0.75 oz of peach schnapps and toss it in the shaker with the vodka and cranberry juice.
Grab your cocktail shaker lid and put it over the cocktail shaker. Shake everything well for around 15 or 20 seconds. The shaker should be cold to the touch when you’re done.
Replace the shaker lid with the Hawthorne strainer. Then, carefully pour your drink from the shaker into your glass and enjoy.
Woo Woo Drink
- Hawthorne strainer
- cocktail shaker
- Rocks glass
- 1.5 oz Vodka
- .74 oz Peach Schnapps
- 3 oz Cranberry Juice
- Collect together all the equipment and ingredients listed above.
- Fill the glass as well as the shaker both full of ice.
- Pick up the vodka. Measure 1.5 oz of vodka with the jigger. Pour into the shaker.
- Pick up the peach schnapps. Measure .75 oz of peach schnapps with the jigger. Pour into the shaker.
- Pick up the cranberry juice. Measure 3 oz of cranberry juice with the jigger. Pour into the shaker.
- Pick up the shaker top and secure it over the shaker.
- Shake things well until the outside of the shaker becomes cold to the touch. Usually this takes around 15 seconds.
- Remove the shaker top and pick up the hawthorne strainer.
- Place the strainer over the top of the shaker and pour your drink into the glass.
- don’t fill shaker with ice.
- Pour ingredients straight into glass.
- To mix:
- use a bar spoon to stir well; or
- pour the drink from the glass to the shaker, back to the glass.