Occassional Cocktails may earn compensation from purchases made after clicking links on this page. Learn more Here.
If you’re looking for a sweet and fruity drink, try out this Georgia peach cocktail. This cocktail has a brilliant red and orange gradient color and is full of fruit flavor.
What is a Georgia Peach Cocktail?
Georgia peach cocktail is a combination of orange juice, peach schnapps, Southern comfort and grenadine. The resulting cocktail has a strong orange juice flavor with a tang of peach mixed in. It tastes sort of like peach ring gummies.
Peach schnapps any type of schnapps that have a very strong peach flavor. It is a clear liquid and is very sweet and strongly flavored. It is 30 proof or 15% alcohol by volume.
Grenadine is a bright red sweet syrup. It is made from pomegranate. It has a very sweet flavor. And sometimes, be sweet flavor is confused with cherry.
Southern comfort is a dark colored liqueur. It is sometimes called soco. It originated in the late 1800s with whiskey being the base liquor used. It is smooth and sweet with fruit and spice flavors mixed with the whiskey.
Orange juice, as you likely know, is a sweet yet slightly tangy citrus drink. It is made from the juice of oranges. The best type of orange juice to use for this drink is pulp free and as fresh as you can get.
Occasions to serve this drink
With its sweet and refreshing flavor, this Georgia peach drink is well suited for many occasions such as:
- spring or summer get togethers
- brunch drinks
- pool parties
- sipping on your porch
- afternoon cocktails
Since this drink is not an IBA standard, there are several different variations including:
- Substitute for grenadine. If you still want the red color in the drink but don’t want to use grenadine you can use another fruit flavored juice such as cranberry juice.
- mix it. If you don’t prefer the gradient color, you can shake this or stir this drink together.
- substitute for soco. Some recipes for this drink call for vodka instead of Southern comfort. This will result in a lighter flavored cocktail.
- substitute for orange juice. Some recipes for this drink call for lemonade instead of orange juice. This will result in a lighter more tangy and tart flavored cocktail.
Some similar orange juice based drinks are: the fat hooker drink, the brass monkey cocktail, and the hairy navel cocktail.
How to make this drink:
With four easy to find ingredients, this cocktail can be whipped up in just a few minutes. All you need to do is measure your ingredients and toss them in your glass.
- 4 oz Orange Juice
- 1.5 oz peach schnapps
- .5 oz Southern Comfort
- splash grenadine
Get started by making sure you have everything you need to make your drink including highball glass, jigger, ice, Southern comfort, peach schnapps, orange juice and grenadine.
Grab your ice and toss it into your highball glass filling the glass almost to the top.
Grab your Southern comfort and your jigger. Go ahead and measure half an ounce of Southern comfort and toss that into your glass.
Grab your peach schnapps and your jigger. Go ahead and measure one and a half ounces of peach schnapps and toss that into your glass.
Grab your orange juice and your jigger. Go ahead and measure 4 oz of orange juice and toss that in your glass.
If you want to skip measuring for this step you can. Simply take the orange juice and top the glass off with it. If you do this, it may result in slightly more than 4 oz of orange juice which can lead to a stronger orange flavor.
Get everything stirred together. Grab your bar spoon and place it in your glass and give a few stirs.
Lastly, add your grenadine. To do this, place your bar spoon upside down over the top of the liquid in the glass. Then, pour a splash or two of grenadine over the back of the bar spoon. Your grenadine will create a gradient red color in your drink.
Georgia Peach Cocktail
- bar spoon
- highball glass
- 4 oz Orange Juice
- 1.5 oz Peach Schnapps
- .5 oz Southern Comfort
- splash Grenadine
- Collect everything needed to make the cocktail.
- Fill up your glass with ice.
- Take the jigger and use it to measure 1.5 oz of Peach Schnapps. Then toss that into the glass.
- Take the jigger and use it to measure .5 oz of Southern Comfort. Then toss that into the glass.
- Take the jigger and use it to measure 4 oz of Orange Juice Then toss that into the glass.note: alternatively, you can skip measuring and top the glass off with orange juice.
- Use your bar spoon to stir your drink up.
- Then, turn the bar spoon upside down just above the top of the drink and carefully pour a few splashes of grenadine into the drink. (It will sink to the bottom).
- Fill your shaker with ice as well as the highball glass.
- Use the jigger to measure your OJ, Southern Comfort and Peach Schnapps and toss them all into the shaker.
- Put the shaker top on and shake well.
- Remove the shaker top and replace with the hawthorne strainer, then pour the drink into your glass.
- Use the bar spoon, upside down to add a few splashes of grenadine to the glass.
Leave a Reply