Occassional Cocktails may earn compensation from purchases made after clicking links on this page. Learn more Here.
This easy to make gin limeade cocktail is perfect for spring or summer time. This cocktail is super refreshing and is perfect for sipping on a hot day.
What is a Gin Limeade?
A gin limeade is a super easy to make two ingredient highball It tastes sort of like a gin Rickey. It has a sweet botanical flavor mixed with a tart citrus flavor.
Gin is a complex botanical flavored liquor. It is made from juniper berries and other spices and botanicals.
Limeade is a combination of lime juice and sweetener such as sugar. It has a tart line flavor with a little smooth sweetness.
When to Make This Drink:
This drink is perfect for serving when you’re looking for something light and refreshing. Some occasions you might try are:
- pool days
- spring and summer sipping
If you’re wondering how you might spice this one up a little, here are a few things to try:
- Use a flavored limeade. Limeade actually comes in a variety of different flavors such as cherry limeade and strawberry limeade. If you want to have a stronger fruit flavor, pick one of these flavor variations.
- Make it sparkling. If you like a little light bubbly fizz in your drink, add a splash of club soda to this cocktail.
- Use a limeade concentrate. My main concentrate is essentially a frozen limeade that needs to be reconstituted by adding water. Instead of adding water, use the gin to reconstitute it.
How to make this drink:
You should be able to have this one mixed up in under 2 minutes. All you have to do is toss your two ingredients together and give them a stir.
- 2 oz Gin
- 4 oz Limeade
As you get started, make sure you have everything needed for this cocktail including gin, limeade, ice, jigger, highball glass, cocktail shaker and Hawthorne strainer or bar spoon.
You want to next grab your glass and some ice. Use the ice to top the glass off.
Note: the directions below will be for building this drink in the glass. But, you can build it in the shaker if you desire.
To build it directly in the shaker, also add ice to the shaker. Then, measure all ingredients into the shaker. Shake well for around 15 seconds and strain your drink into your glass.
Take the gin and the jigger. Use the jigger to measure 2 oz of gin and toss it into the glass.
Take the limeade and the jigger. Use the jigger to measure 4 oz of limeade and toss into the glass.
Note: alternatively, instead of measuring, you can use the limeade to top the glass off. Simply pour the limeade directly into the glass. Typically, this will result in a little more limeade than if you measure.
Before you get drinking, make sure everything is mixed well. You can do this with the bar spoon or with a shaker.
With a bar spoon: Stick the bar spoon into the glass. Then, stir everything well.
With a Shaker: toss all the drink ingredients from the glass to the shaker. Then, toss them from the shaker to the glass.
- bar spoon
- Hawthorne strainer
- cocktail shaker
- highball glass
- 2 oz Gin
- 4 oz Limeade
- Get all the ingredients and equipment gathered up.
- Dump some ice into the glass. The glass should be about filled with ice.
- Get the gin. Using the jigger, measure 2 oz of gin and pour it into the glass.
- Get the limeade. Using the jigger measure 4 oz of limeade and pour it into the glass.Pro tip: you can also just directly pour the limeade into the glass instead of measuring with the jigger. Simply top the glass off.
- Get it all mixed together. You can do this by:1) using the bar spoon to stir well2) using the shaker to toss the drink into it and then back into the glass.
- Add ice to the shaker.
- Pour all ingredients into the shaker.
- Cover the shaker with the lid and shake well.
- Remove the shaker lid.
- Cover the shaker with the strainer and pour the drink into the glass.