Occassional Cocktails may earn compensation from purchases made after clicking links on this page. Learn more Here.
If you’d like a refreshing summer sipping martini then try out this raspberry lemon drop martini. This one is full of sweet fruity and sour citrus flavor.
What is a Raspberry Lemon Drop Martini?
A raspberry lemon drop martini is a combination of raspberry vodka, triple sec, lemon juice and simple syrup. This martini tastes like a sweet and sour lemon drop candy with a little raspberry twist.
For both the lemon juice and a simple syrup you can either make your own or buy it at the store. Lemon juice freshly squeezed has a fresher more tart taste. Simple syrup, if you make it at home, is really easy. It’s simply a mixture of sugar and water.
Triple sec is a sweet orange flavored liqueur. It is made by infusing a neutral base spirit with orange peels. It helps to add to the sweet citrus flavor in this cocktail.
Raspberry vodka is a clear flavored vodka. It tends to have a lightly sweet and fruity flavor. We prefer to use either Smirnoff or Three olives brand.
When to Make This Drink:
This lightly sweet and sour martini is a refreshing and a fruity drink to serve for times such as:
- summer get togethers
- afternoon sipping
- cocktail hour
If you would like to substitute a few of the ingredients, but keep the taste very similar here are a few things you can do:
- Use raspberry simple syrup. Instead of regular simple syrup, try out raspberry simple syrup to really ramp up the raspberry flavor.
- Muddle some raspberries. If you would like to have a fresh fruit flavor, model a few raspberries in with a simple syrup as you make the drink.
- Use plain vodka. If you muddle the raspberries or use a raspberry simple syrup I suggested above, you can certainly use a plain vodka instead of raspberry vodka if needed.
- Substitute the triple sec. If you would like to use a different orange liqueur you can. Cointreau or Grand Marnier also work really well. Or you can leave this out and have a plain raspberry martini.
- Add a garnish. You can add a little raspberry simple syrup and sugar to the rim or a few fresh raspberries on a cocktail pick.
- Make it a little sweeter. Use lemonade or lemon lime soda instead of lemon juice and simple syrup.
How to make this drink:
With only four ingredients you can whip this one up in about 5 minutes. Simply toss everything in your cocktail shaker and shake it well.
- 2 oz Raspberry vodka
- 1 oz Triple sec
- 1 oz Simple syrup
- 1 oz Lemon juice
Get everything together for this martini including martini glass, cocktail shaker, jigger, Hawthorne strainer, sugar, ice, raspberry vodka, triple sec, lemon juice and simple syrup.
Stick the martini glass into the freezer so that it can chill while you’re making the drink. Also, fill the cocktail shaker up to the top with ice.
Measure out 2 oz of raspberry vodka with a jigger. And then, toss that into the shaker.
Measure out 1 oz of triple sec with a jigger. And then, toss that into the shaker.
Measure out one ounce of lemon juice with the jigger. And then, toss that into the shaker.
Measure at 1 oz of simple syrup with a jigger. And then, toss that into the shaker.
Cover up the shaker with the lid. Shake it up until the outside of the shaker becomes icy which happens at around 20 to 30 seconds.
Grab the Martini glass out of the freezer.
Remove the lid from the shaker and cover it up with the Hawthorne strainer. Then, strain the raspberry lemon drop martini from the shaker into the martini glass.
Raspberry Lemon Drop Martini
- Hawthorne strainer
- cocktail shaker
- Martini glass
- 2 oz Raspberry vodka
- 1 oz Triple Sec
- 1 oz Simple syrup
- 1 oz Lemon Juice
- Chill the martini glass before getting started by placing it into the freezer.
- Use the ice to fill the shaker up to the top.
- Take the raspberry vodka and measure 2 oz with the jigger. Dump the vodka into the shaker.
- Take the triple sec and measure 1 oz with the jigger. Dump the triple sec into the shaker.
- Take the simple syrup and measure 1 oz with the jigger. Dump the simple syrup into the shaker
- Take the lemon juice and measure 1 oz with the jigger. Dump the lemon juice into the shaker.
- Pop the shaker lid on and shake until it gets cold. This will take around 20 seconds.
- Remove the chilled martini glass from the freezer.
- Pop the shaker lid off and pop the strainer over the shaker.
- Pour the drink from the cocktail shaker into the martini glass.