Introducing the bright red, super delicious Cherry Martini! This exquisite cocktail is the perfect balance of sweet cherry goodness with a delightful citrus twist. This tantalizing combination of tanginess and sweetness will be sure to dazzle your taste buds.
🍸 What is a Cherry Martini?
A cherry martini Is a sweet and sophistic cocktail that combines cherry vodka, simple syrup, cherry juice and lemon juice. This martini has a vibrant red color and is a delicious blend of sweet cherry flavor and a little hint of lemon.
This sweet, red martini is a fun fruity edition to many different occasions. It is sure to be a crowd pleaser at your next event or get together.
Although there are a never-ending list of reasons why you’re sure to love this sweet and delicious cocktail, here’s a list of just a few:
- Easy peasy. You only need four simple ingredients for this drink. And all you have to do to get it ready is toss them in a shaker and shake well. That means you should be able to have it ready in 5 minutes or less.
- Bright and colorful. This bright red drink is sure to dazzle your guests at your next get together whether you’re serving it at a formal event or a more intimate date night.
- A simple twist on a classic. This cocktail is a nice way to add a bright color and fruit flavor to a classic cocktail that everyone already knows and loves.
⭐ When to Make This Drink
This sweet, red cocktail is versatile for serving at a wide array of different events. If you’re looking for a few to try out, check these out:
- New Year’s Eve
- Valentine’s Day
- Winter holidays
If you’d like to try a few minor flavor variations or, if you need to substitute some ingredients consider trying one of these ideas:
- Add chocolate. What’s better than cherries? Chocolate covered cherries! Add 5 oz of chocolate liqueur to make this a chocolate-covered cherry martini.
- Make it sparkling. Add a splash of champagne, club soda or lemon lime soda to make this a sparkling cherry martini.
- Use cherry simple syrup. If you want to make this the most cherry-flavored martini possible, then substitute the regular simple syrup for cherry simple syrup.
- Use regular vodka. The cherry vodka makes this super cherry flavored, if you don’t have any cherry vodka you can certainly use regular vodka instead.
- Use dry vermouth. If you want to make this more of a classic martini, use half an ounce of dry vermouth instead of lemon juice and simple syrup.
- Add cherry brandy. Take out the sweet and sour citrus flavor in the drink and substitute the simple syrup and lemon juice for cherry brandy.
- 1.5 oz Cherry vodka
- 1.5 oz Cherry juice
- .25 oz Lemon juice
- .25 oz Simple syrup
Get your drink started by gathering up the cherry vodka, cherry juice, lemon juice, simple syrup, Martini glass, cocktail shaker, Hawthorne strainer, ice, jigger and maraschino cherries for garnish.
Pop your martini glass into the freezer so that it has adequate time to chill while you’re making the drink. Then, pop a couple handfuls of ice into your cocktail shaker.
Use your jigger to measure 1.5 oz of cherry juice. Pour that into the cocktail shaker.
Use the jigger to measure 1.5 oz of cherry vodka. Then, pour that into the shaker as well.
Use the jigger to measure 0.25 oz of simple syrup. Add that to the shaker.
Use a jigger to measure 0.25 oz of lemon juice. Add that to the shaker.
Place the lid over top of the cocktail shaker. Spend 15 to 20 seconds shaking vigorously until the shaker becomes icy on the outside.
Pull your martini glass out of the freezer now that it has had time to chill. Pull the top off the cocktail shaker and place a Hawthorne strainer over top of the shaker.
Then, strain your cherry martini from the cocktail shaker into the martini glass. Put three maraschino cherries on a cocktail pick and place it on the glass.
- Hawthorne strainer
- cocktail shaker
- Martini glass
- 1.5 oz Cherry Vodka
- 1.5 oz Cherry Juice
- .25 oz Lemon Juice
- .25 oz Simple Syrup
- Put your martini glass into the freezer before getting started so that it can chill.
- Take the cocktail shaker and fill it almost to the top with ice.
- Grab the cherry vodka and measure out 1.5 oz with the jigger. Pour the cherry vodka into the shaker.
- Grab the cherry juice and measure out 1.5 oz with the jigger. Pour the cherry juice into the shaker.
- Grab the lemon juice and measure out .5 oz with the jigger. Pour the lemon juice into the shaker.
- Grab the simple syrup and measure out .5 oz with the jigger. Pour the simple syrup into the shaker.
- Cover the shaker with the shaker lid and shake well. The shaker will get cold to the touch after about 15 to 20 seconds.
- Grab the chilled martini glass out of the freezer.
- Pop the shaker lid off and cover the shaker with the hawthorne strainer.
- Strain the drink from the cocktail shaker into the martini glass.