Occassional Cocktails may earn compensation from purchases made after clicking links on this page. Learn more Here.
Start out the fall season right with our pumpkin pie martini! This exquisite martini captures the essence of a classic pumpkin pie with the warmth and comfort all in your martini glass. Let the pumpkin flavors and creamy texture send you back to a cozy Autumn evening as you savor the deliciousness of this decadent dessert drink.
🍸 What is a Pumpkin Pie Martini?
A pumpkin pie martini is a combination of pumpkin puree, vanilla vodka, Goldschlager, Irish cream and RumChata with a crushed graham cracker rim. This decadent dessert martini is infused with the sweep pumpkin and spiciness of a creamy pumpkin pie.
If you love pumpkin pie, then give this pumpkin pie shot a try also. It has a very similar taste and ingredients.
This is the perfect fall inspired dessert martini to try. It does take a little time to mix up especially with the added real pumpkin puree if you want to make sure that you get the texture right.
Still deciding if you want to shake this one up? Here are a few reasons to try it:
- Perfect for fall celebrations. What’s more indicative of Fall then pumpkin pie? Pretty much nothing! Enjoy a little added alcohol to your pumpkin pie by making this drink and serving it at all the fall occasions.
- Easy to customize. There are several different ingredient substitutions and slight flavor variations you can do to this cocktail. Dress it up with lots of garnishes or make it as simple as you want.
- Sweet and delicious flavor. If you love pumpkin pie, you have to try this drink. It’s basically like liquefied pumpkin pie in your martini glass. It’s full of sweet pumpkin flavor and just the right balance of spiciness.
⭐ When to Make This Drink
This festive fall dessert drink is perfect for serving at a wide array of different events including:
- Dessert drinks
- Fall festivities
- Halloween parties
Need to substitute a few ingredients or make some flavor variations? Try a few of these ideas out:
- Use pumpkin syrup. Try out 1 ounce of pumpkin simple syrup or pumpkin spice syrup and only 1 tablespoon of pumpkin puree.
- Use spiced rum. You can use a spiced rum and place of the vodka or Goldschlager. It will give you that spicy flavor and a little extra alcohol content.
- Use half and half or heavy cream. Replace the Baileys with half and half, heavy cream, milk or dairy-free alternative to still get the creamy flavor.
- Substitute the vodka. Use regular vodka or whipped cream vodka and place of the vanilla vodka to still maintain a similar flavor. You could also use a cinnamon vodka if you really wanted an extra spicy drink.
- Add extra garnish. Add a doll of whipped cream or a dash of pumpkin pie spice, cinnamon or nutmeg to double down on the flavors of this drink.
- Substitute the Baileys. Instead of using regular Baileys, use Bailey’s pumpkin spice to double down on the flavors in this decadent drink.
- 2 tbs Pumpkin puree
- 2 oz Vanilla vodka
- 1 oz Baileys
- .5 oz Goldschlager
- .5 RumChata
- (optional) rim crushed graham cracker
Go ahead and gather everything up including pumpkin puree, vanilla vodka, rumchata, Bailey’s, goldschlager, saucer, crushed graham crackers, simple syrup, tablespoon, jigger, ice, martini glass, cocktail shaker and hawthorn strainer.
To rim your martini glass, put a thin layer of simple syrup on a saucer. Next to that put a thin layer of crushed graham crackers.
Place the rim of the martini glass in the simple syrup and roll it around until it is covered. Then, place the rim of the martini glass in the crushed graham crackers and do the same so that they cover the rim.
Add some ice to the cocktail shaker. Then, scoop 2 tablespoons of pumpkin puree and add it to the shaker.
Pour 2 oz of vodka into the jigger and then add that to the shaker.
Pour 1 oz of Irish cream into the jigger and then add that to the shaker.
Pour .5 oz of Goldschlager into the jigger and then add that to the shaker.
Pour .5 oz of RumChata into the jigger and then add that to the shaker.
Place the lid on the shaker. Then, shake it vigorously for at least 20 to 30 seconds. It’s really important to shake this one extra well to really blend and break up the pumpkin puree.
Once you’re done shaking, remove the top and place a Hawthorne strainer over the cocktail shaker. Then, pour the drink into the martini glass.
Pumpkin Pie Martini
- cocktail shaker
- Hawthorne strainer
- Martini glass
- 2 tablespoon Pumpkin Puree
- 2 oz Vanilla Vodka
- 1 oz Bailey's
- .5 oz Goldschlager
- .5 oz RumChata
- Crushed Graham Cracker (optional garnish)
- Stick the martini glass into the freezer to chill.
- Stick some ice into the shaker so that it is filled up.
- Measure 2 tablespoon of pumpkin puree. Dump it into the shaker.
- Use the jigger and measure 2 of oz vanilla vodka. Dump it into the shaker.
- Use the jigger and measure 1 of oz irish cream. Dump it into the shaker.
- Use the jigger and measure .5 of oz goldschlager. Dump it into the shaker.
- Use the jigger and measure .5 of oz rumchata. Dump it into the shaker.
- Grab the shaker top and put it on the shaker.
- Shake it until the shaker is cold and icy on the outside.
- Remove the chilled glass from the freezer.
- If you want to rim the glass, now is the time:1) crush up a graham cracker and lay it on a saucer.2) Wipe the rim of the glass either with an ice cube or some simple syrup.3) Roll the glass rim down in the crushed graham cracker so that the rim gets coated.
- Remove the top from the shaker. Put the strainer over the shaker.
- Pour the drink from the shaker into the martini glass.