A sicilian kiss shot is a super simple two ingredient drink that everyone should try! It is smooth and nutty and can easily be made as a shot or a cocktail. This one is perfect for sipping after dinner.
What is a sicilian kiss shot?
The Sicilian kiss shot is made of amaretto and Southern comfort. Since this shot is only two ingredients and there is no layering or anything else required it is a super super easy drink to make.
Amaretto has a strong almond flavor with little hints of vanilla, spices and tends to have a little bit of a bitter bite in the aftertaste.
Southern comfort otherwise known as SoCo is a whiskey type liqueur which has a fruit and spice flavor to it.
The Sicilian kiss shot like other simple two ingredients shots such as the Tootsie roll, is one of the easier shots to make. It’s perfect for a simple get together or a relaxing evening.
- ½oz Amaretto
- ½oz Southern comfort
How to make this drink
This shot requires no layering, glass rimming, or any other fancy techniques. You simply pour the two ingredients together and enjoy.
As always, the first thing you want to do is make sure that you have all of your equipment and ingredients gathered together and ready to go.
You’ll be using a cocktail shaker to make sure liquors together. You will want to make sure you fill your cocktail shaker about ¾ of the way full with ice.
First, you want to take your jigger and then measure around a half an ounce of amaretto into the jigger. Pour the amaretto over the ice into your cocktail shaker.
Next up is your Southern comfort. Using your jigger measure half ounce of Southern comfort and also add that over the ice into your cocktail shaker.
Place the top on your cocktail shaker and shake vigorously for several seconds. You should feel the outside of your cocktail shaker get cold.
Remove the lid from your cocktail shaker, place your Hawthorne strainer on top. Pour your liquor into your shot glass.
Your Sicilian kiss is ready to enjoy!
- Make it a drink: Use a rocks glass and use 1.5 – 2 oz of each ingredient to make this a full cocktail. Just make sure to keep it at a 1:1 ratio.
- Add a garnish: If you make this in a full glass, add an orange wedge or twist to give a little color and citrus flavor.
- shot glass
- Hawthorne strainer
- cocktail shaker
- ½ oz Amaretto
- ½ oz Southern Comfort
- Fill cocktail shaker with ice.
- Measure ½ oz of Amaretto with jigger and pour into cocktail shaker
- Measure ½ oz of Southern Comfort with jigger and pour into cocktail shaker
- Put top on cocktail shaker and shake well.
- Remove top. Place Hawthorne strainer on top of shaker.
- Pour liquid from cocktail shaker into shot glass and enjoy!