The Vodka Screwdriver is one of, if not, the most famous drinks around. This classic cocktail is perfect for any occasion. You can sip this in the club, at a wedding, brunch, or just lounging on your couch. Let’s learn how to make one and see why it’s so popular.
What is a Vodka Screwdriver?
A Vodka Screwdriver is simply vodka mixed with orange juice. It may sound simple, and it is, but it packs a ton of flavor for such an easy recipe. There are many stories about the origin of this cocktail but it’s likely that no one really knows when it was first made. Most likely, as soon as vodka became a thing, someone mixed it with their orange juice not long after.
What are other orange juice based cocktails?
Once you get a taste of a Screwdriver you will quickly become a believer in how great orange juice cocktails can be. To name a few of our favorites:
- An Orange Blossom is the same as a Screwdriver except it swaps out vodka for gin.
- Tequila and Orange Juice is also very good.
- Add in some cranberry and lime for a refreshing Madras.
- Finally, a Whiskey and OJ is fantastic!
Now, let’s get back to the Vodka Screwdriver!
How to make this drink:
The Vodka Screwdriver is totally easy to commit to memory. Make it once and you will never forget how to make it again.
Fill up a highball glass to the rim with ice.
Pour in your vodka of choice.
Fill the rest with Orange Juice.
Gently stir with a bar spoon.
Garnish with an orange slice and sip away!
- Add in a drop of grenadine for a sweet spin on a Tequila Sunrise.
- Give your OJ an extra bite with a dash or two of orange bitters.
- Alternatively, smooth the orange juice and vodka out with a little bit of simple syrup.
- Try any of these options with a splash of seltzer or club soda and give your drink a refreshing fizz.
- highball glass
- bar spoon
- (Optional) Mixing tumbler
- 2 oz vodka
- 4 oz orange juice
- 1 slice orange
- Fill highball glass with ice
- Add in 2 oz of vodka
- Top off with OJ
- Stir gently with bar spoon
- Garnish with orange slice