Imagine the sweet, smoky flavor of your favorite whiskey infused with the tart bite of orange juice. This combination, as peculiar as it may sound, is devastatingly delicious!
What is a Whiskey and Orange Juice?
A Whiskey and Orange Juice is yet another entry into the family of liquor and fruit juice highballs. Orange juice is one of the best fruit mixers around because it blends so well with just about everything. Whether you are drinking and Tequila Screwdriver, a Vodka Screwdriver, Madras, or an Amaretto and Orange Juice, the sweet and tangy flavor brings life to every drink.
A Whiskey OJ is no different. The sharp citrus flavor of the orange juice takes the bite off of your whiskey with the end result being an incredibly smooth, easy sipping classic.
Let’s learn how to make it!
How to make this drink:
This could not get any easier to make. The recipe is in the name already!
Fill your highball glass with ice.
Add in 2 oz of your favorite whiskey or bourbon.
Top the glass off with Orange Juice.
Gently stir with a bar spoon.
Sit back and enjoy!
- If you want to play around with some other flavor ideas you can add some grenadine or maraschino cherries
- some folks like to add in cocktail bitters for an Old Fashioned type of flavor
- Maple syrup can add a little more sweetness to the drink without burying any of the other flavors
- Finally, give your cocktail a nice minty undertone by muddling some mint leaves
Whiskey and Orange Juice
- highball glass
- bar spoon
- (Optional) Mixing tumbler
- 2 oz whiskey or bourbon
- 4 oz orange juice
- Fill highball glass with ice
- Add in 2 oz of whiskey or bourbon
- Top off with OJ
- Stir gently with bar spoon
- (optional) Garnish with maraschino cherries or a sugar rim)
For more great cocktails