Occassional Cocktails may earn compensation from purchases made after clicking links on this page. Learn more Here.
Looking for a pretty and refreshing summer sipper? Give this watermelon pucker martini spin! With its pretty pink color and light fruity flavor your sure to love it.
What is a Watermelon Pucker Martini?
A watermelon pucker martini is a combination of vodka, lime juice and watermelon pucker. This pretty light pink martini tastes like sweet watermelon with a little bite of vodka on the back end.
The vodka in the martini is where the majority of the alcohol content comes from. Vodka itself is pretty flavorless except for a little bit of an alcohol bite. Since the watermelon is the predominant flavor in the drink, there’s no need to use a top shelf vodka. We like to use Stoli, but you could use any brand you prefer.
For the lime juice you can certainly use store-bought. Or, if you want a little fresher flavor you can squeeze your own.
Watermelon pucker is a very sweet watermelon flavored liqueur. It is where the majority of the flavor in the drink comes from as well as the light pink color.
When to Make This Drink:
With its pretty color and refreshing flavor this one can be served up at occasions including:
- St Patrick’s Day
- bachelorette parties
- date nights
If you’d like to maintain the sweet and sour watermelon flavor, but want to substitute a couple ingredients here are a few ideas to try out:
- Muddle watermelon. Get a fresher more true watermelon flavor by muddling a few slices of watermelon with a simple syrup instead of using watermelon pucker.
- Add watermelon simple syrup. You can use this to either replace the watermelon pucker or in addition to.
- Use watermelon flavored vodka. Ramp up the watermelon flavor by using a watermelon flavored vodka.
How to make this drink:
If you’ve got 3 minutes, then you can get this one ready to sip. Toss your three ingredients in the shaker and shake them well.
- 2 oz Vodka
- 1 oz Watermelon pucker
- . 25 oz Lime Juice
- watermelon slice (optional garnish)
First off, start out by gathering together lime juice, watermelon pucker, cocktail shaker, Hawthorne strainer, vodka, jigger, ice and martini glass.
Please your martini glass into the freezer so that it can chill while you make the rest of the drink. Also, toss some ice into the cocktail shaker.
Pick up the vodka and use the jigger to measure 2 oz of vodka. Then, pour the vodka into the shaker.
Pick up the watermelon pucker and use a jigger to measure 1 oz of watermelon pucker. Then, pour the watermelon pucker into the shaker.
Pick up the lime juice and use a jigger to measure 0.25 oz of lime juice. Then, pour the lime juice into the shaker.
Secure the shaker lid on the shaker. Then, shake well until the shaker becomes icy and cold to touch. This usually takes around 15 to 30 seconds.
Remove the martini glass from the freezer.
Pop the shaker lid off and cover the shaker with the Hawthorne strainer. Strain your watermelon pucker martini from the shaker into the martini glass.
Watermelon Pucker Martini
- cocktail shaker
- Hawthorne strainer
- Martini glass
- 2 oz Vodka
- 1 oz Watermelon Pucker
- .25 oz Lime Juice
- watermelon slice optional garnish
- Pop the martini glass into the freezer to chill.
- Pop some ice into the shaker until it is filled up.
- Grab the vodka and measure 2 oz using the jigger. Dump the vodka into the shaker.
- Grab the watermelon pucker and measure 1 oz using the jigger. Dump the watermelon pucker into the shaker.
- Grab the lime juice and measure .25 oz using the jigger. Dump the lime juice into the shaker.
- Pop the top onto the shaker and shake well. The shaker will get icy and cold on the outside after about 15 – 20 seconds.
- Grab the chilled martini glass out of the freezer.
- Strain the drink into the martini glass.