Occassional Cocktails may earn compensation from purchases made after clicking links on this page. Learn more Here.
Get ready to be transported to the beach with this bright blue Hawaiian mocktail. This nice non-alcoholic twist on a common cocktail is bright and delicious. This easy beverage is bursting with tropical flavors that will surely whisk you away to the islands with every single sip.
🍹 What is a Blue Hawaiian Mocktail?
This pretty blue Hawaiian mocktail is an easy combination of non-alcoholic blue Curacao, cream of coconut, pineapple juice, lemon juice and coconut simple syrup. The resulting beverage is a refreshing tropical oasis full of tropical fruit, citrus and coconut flavors.
This mocktail is a non-alcoholic version of a classic cocktail that typically involves all of the same or similar ingredients except with the addition of white rum.
Here are just a few of the many reasons why you are absolutely, positively sure to love this recipe:
- Bright blue. The stunning bright blue color of the string makes it a great centerpiece for any event. Especially, and it is a color theme.
- Taste of the tropics. This beverage is full of delightful tropical flavors like coconut and pineapple. This well-balanced symphony will transport you to sunsoaked beaches.
- Perfect for all. This non-alcoholic option is an excellent choice for all ages as well as guests who don’t like to consume alcohol. It’s perfect as a serving option so that you can make sure everyone can enjoy this delicious beverage.
⭐ When to Make This Drink
You can stir this one up most anytime. If you’re looking for a few suggestions, try these out:
- Beach days
- Pool parties
Want to mix this up with some flavor changes and ingredients substitutions? Give a few of these ideas a whirl:
- Make it frozen. Throw everything including the ice together into a blender and make this a delicious tropical slushy.
- Use blue Hawaiian punch. Instead of using blue Curacao, you can use blue Hawaiian Punch or any other blue colored drink to give the fruity blue color.
- Substitute the lemon juice. Keep the citrus flavor, but make it fizzy and a little sweeter by using a lemon lime flavored soda instead.
- Use lime juice. If lemon juice isn’t your thing, you can keep the citrus twist but use lime juice instead.
- Use regular simple syrup. If you don’t have coconut simple syrup on hand, you can certainly use plain simple syrup if you desire.
- Make it lighter. Substitute coconut water for cream of coconut if you want a lighter less sweet variation.
- 1 oz Non-alcoholic Blue curaçao
- 2 oz Pineapple juice
- .5 oz Lemon juice
- .75 oz Cream of coconut
- .75 oz Coconut simple syrup
Get everything ready to go including bar spoon, highball glass, ice, jigger, coconut simple syrup, lemon juice, cream of coconut, non-alcoholic blue curacao and pineapple juice.
Stuff ice in your highball glass until it is filled up to the top.
Add .75 oz of coconut simple syrup into the glass.
Add .5 oz of lemon juice into the glass.
Add .75 oz of cream of coconut into the glass.
Add 1 oz of non-alcoholic blue curacao into the glass.
Take your pineapple juice and pour it directly into the glass filling it up. Depending on the glass you use, this should take about 2 to 4 oz.
Grab your bar spoon and stir everything together well. If you have a larger glass and if topped it off with pineapple juice, you may get a little bit of a greenish tint and color. If this happens, add another splash or two of blue curaçao to make it blue.
Blue Hawaiian Mocktail
- Hawthorne strainer
- cocktail shaker
- highball glass
- 1 oz Non-alcoholic Blue Curacao
- 2 oz Pineapple Juice
- .5 oz Lemon Juice
- .75 oz Cream of Coconut
- .75 oz Coconut Simple syrup If you need to make this from scrach: 1 cup shredded coconut, 1 cup water, 1 cup sugar
Coconut Simple Syrup
- *see notes below if you don't want to make this from scratch.
- Put a pot on the stovetop at medium heat.
- Toss in 1 cup of shredded coconut.
- Toss in 1 cup of water.
- Toss in 1 cup of sugar.
- Stir while it simmers for about 5 – 10 minutes.
- Take it off the heat and strain any pieces of coconut out of the liquid.
- Place it into the fridge to cool.
Blue Hawaiian Mocktail
- Fill the glass and shaker both up with ice.
- Measure 1 oz of non-alcoholic blue curaçao with the jigger and add it to the shaker. *see below in notes if you don't have a jigger and need to measure ingredients in tbs and cups.
- Measure 2 oz of pineapple juice with the jigger and add it to the shaker.
- Measure .5 oz of lemon juice with the jigger and add it to the shaker.
- Measure .75 oz of cream of coconut with the jigger and add it to the shaker.
- Measure .75 oz of cooled coconut simple syrup with the jigger and add it to the shaker.
- Cover the shaker with the lid and shake it all up until it gets cold to the touch. Usually this takes about 15 seconds.
- Remove the shaker lid and cover it with the strainer.
- Pour your drink from the shaker into the glass.
- 2 tbs of blue curacao
- ¼ cup of pineapple juice
- 1 tbs of lemon juice
- 1.25 tbs of cream of coconut
- 1.25 tbs of coconut simple syrup
- If you don’t want to make or don’t have coconut simple syrup, you can use regular simple syrup.
- If skipping the coconut simple syrup, you can always add a few dashes of coconut extract in instead.