Looking for a sweet and nutty cocktail that is versatile? Try out this nutty Irishman drink which can be served as either a cocktail or a shot.
What is a Nutty Irishman Shot?
A nutty Irishman shot or cocktail is a combination of equal parts frangelico and Baileys Irish cream. This drink is sweet and creamy with a nutty aftertaste.
The Bailey’s Irish cream provides a sweet and creaminess to this drink. It is a combination of cream, sugar and Irish whiskey. It is a sweet liqueur that also has undertones of cocoa and vanilla.
Frangelico is a gold colored liqueur that originally started in Italy. It has a strong hazelnut flavor. There are also undertones of cocoa, vanilla and a little coffee.
When to Make This Drink:
This sweet, nutty and creamy drink is perfectly suited for occasions like:
- St Patrick’s Day
- holiday parties
- cocktail hour
- after dinner drinks
This is a versatile cocktail that has a few different variations possible including:
- Make it a cocktail instead of a shot. Use 1.5 oz of each of the two ingredients, shake them together and serve them in a rocks glass.
- Add a little extra alcohol content. Add in an equal part of Irish whiskey to give this drink a little extra alcohol boost.
- Note: Some call a frangelico coffee and nutty Irishman. It is the frangelico and Bailey’s mixed with hot coffee.
- Layer the shot. You can also serve this as a layered shot by floating the Baileys on top of the frangelico.
How to make this drink:
2 minutes is all you need to shake this one up whether you’re making a shot or a cocktail. Just dump your two ingredients in your shaker and give them a shake.
- 1 oz Baileys
- 1 oz Frangelico
Get everything together including frangelico, Irish cream, shot glass, ice, jigger, cocktail shaker and Hawthorne strainer.
Additionally, you want to toss some ice into the cocktail shaker so that it is filled up.
Grab the frangelico. Go ahead and pour 1 oz into the jigger and then toss it into the cocktail shaker.
Grab the Irish cream. Go ahead and measure 1 oz with the jigger and then toss it into the shaker.
Pop the top on the cocktail shaker and shake it up so that the outside of the shaker becomes cold to the touch. Usually this takes around 15 to 30 seconds.
Pop the shaker lid off and replace it with a Hawthorne strainer. Then, strain the nutty Irishman shot from the shaker into the shot glass.
- cocktail shaker
- Hawthorne strainer
- shot glass
- 1 oz Frangelico
- 1 oz Irish Cream
- Add ice into the cocktail shaker so that it is filled to the top.
- Take the frangelico. Use the jigger to measure 1 oz of frangelico and pour it into the shaker.
- Take the irish cream. Use the jigger to measure 1 oz of irish cream and pour it into the shaker
- Take the shaker top and cover the shaker.
- Shake it well for about 20 seconds.
- Take off the shaker top and cover the shaker with the strainer.
- Pour the drink into the shot glass.