Occassional Cocktails may earn compensation from purchases made after clicking links on this page. Learn more Here.
If you’re looking for a fun little shot to add into your fall festivities look no further than this pumpkin pie shot. This super easy to make three ingredient shot is full of sweet, creamy and spicy flavors.
What is a Pumpkin Pie Shot?
A pumpkin pie shot is a combination of amaretto, goldschlager, pumpkin simple syrup and Baileys Irish cream. The resulting shot is sweet and creamy with a spicy hint of cinnamon. It tastes sort of like the whipped cream topping that you would get on a pumpkin pie.
The spicy cinnamon flavor in this cocktail comes from the goldschlager. Goldschlager is a cinnamon flavored sweet schnapps that actually has flakes of gold in it.
The amaretto provides a sweetness and almost a little bit of a nutty flavor. It is typically known as an almond flavored liqueur.
The sweetness and creaminess of the drink comes from the Bailey’s Irish cream. Bailey’s Irish cream is a combination of cream, sugar and Irish whiskey. It has a slight vanilla and cocoa flavor as well.
For the pumpkin simple syrup, you can make your own or you can buy it at the store. We really like to make our own pumpkin simple syrup so it’s fresh.
When to Make This Drink:
This sweet shot is the perfect addition to many fall occasions like:
- Thanksgiving dinner
- Halloween celebrations
- winter holidays
- fall get togethers
They’re actually a wide variety of ways to change this drink up. We like to use the three ingredients above as a base and then mix and match some of these ideas below depending on our mood:
- Use Bailey’s pumpkin spice. Sometimes you can only find this during the right season, but substituting original Bailey’s for Bailey’s pumpkin spice really pumps out a pumpkin flavor in this shot.
- Add some pumpkin puree. To really impart a nice pumpkin flavor, add a tablespoon or so of pumpkin puree to the cocktail shaker.
- Add some RumChata. RumChata will add an extra cinnamon, cream and sugar flavor which will really help to bring out the flavors of the other ingredients.
- Add a pumpkin spice liqueur. There are many different brands of pumpkin spice liqueur but this can help to ramp up the pumpkin flavor in this shot.
- Give it a garnish. Replicate the pie crust by garnishing the shot glass rim with a little simple syrup and crushed graham crackers.
- Replace the amaretto. You can use a cake vodka, whipped cream vodka or vanilla vodka in place of the amaretto.
- Trade for Pumpkin Spice. Instead of using pumpkin syrup, try out this pumpkin spice syrup for a little more spice added in.
How to make this drink:
With four easy ingredients you should be able to get this one ready to drink in 5 minutes or less. Toss all your ingredients into your shaker, give them a shake and get to drinking.
- .75 oz Amaretto
- .75 oz Baileys
- .5 oz Goldschlager
- .5 oz pumpkin simple syrup
Get everything you need for this drink together including cocktail shaker, hawthorn strainer, ice, jigger, shot glass, Bailey’s Irish cream, amaretto, goldschlager and pumpkin simple syrup.
Toss a couple handfuls of ice into your cocktail shaker.
Take the Baileys and measure out 0.75 oz with the jigger. Then, pour the Baileys into the cocktail shaker.
Take the amaretto and measure out 75 oz with a chigger. Then, poor the amaretto into the cocktail shaker.
Take the pumpkin simple syrup and measure out .5 oz with a jigger. Then, pour the pumpkin simple syrup into the cocktail shaker.
Take the goldschlager and measure out .5 oz with the jigger. Then, pour the goldschlager into the cocktail shaker.
Place the shaker lid on and shake it well for around 20 or 30 seconds. You can stop shaking once the shaker is cold to touch.
Take off the shaker lid and then pour your shot from the shaker into the shot glass.
Pumpkin Pie Shot
- Hawthorne strainer
- cocktail shaker
- shot glass
- .75 oz Amaretto
- .75 oz Bailey's
- .5 oz Goldschlager
- .5 Oz Pumpkin simple
- Ensure you have gathered all the listed equipment and ingredients above.
- Add ice into the shaker until it is full to the top.
- Take the Amaretto. Measure .75 oz with the jigger. Then, pour it into the shaker.
- Take the Bailey's. Measure .75 oz with the jigger. Then, pour it into the shaker.
- Take the Goldschlager. Measure .5 oz with the jigger. Then, pour it into the shaker.
- Take the pumpkin simple syrup. Measure.5 oz with the jigger. Then, pour it into the shaker.
- Take the shaker top and cover the shaker with it.
- Shake the drink up for 15 – 20 seconds. The shaker should be cold to touch.
- Replace the shaker top with the hawthorne strainer.
- Strain the drink from the shaker into the shot glass.