Occassional Cocktails may earn compensation from purchases made after clicking links on this page. Learn more Here.
This dynamic duo of Fireball and apple cider is a must try! This irresistible combination brings together the warmth of Fireball cinnamon whiskey and the crisp refreshing taste of apple cider. Whether you’re enjoying a fall night or looking for a refreshing sip on a warm weather day, this irresistible cocktail is sure to please your taste buds.
🥃 What is a Fireball and Apple Cider?
Fireball in apple cider is a very simple two ingredient cocktail which is a combination of apple cider and firewall cinnamon whiskey. This delightful cocktail is the perfect blend of light sweetness with apple flavor and a hint of cinnamon spice.
Fireball is a very popular cinnamon flavored whiskey liqueur. It’s known for its sweet and spicy flavors. Apple cider, on the other hand contributes a little light and natural sweetness with some fruity notes to this cocktail.
If you’re looking for a cocktail full of warmth and fall flavors, then this is a must try. It’s warm combination of spicy cinnamon and sweet apple cider is perfect for chilly evenings and festive gatherings. You might also enjoy this similar flavored apple pie shot.
There are several reasons why this will become a favorite recipe if you just give it a try. Here are a few of those reasons:
- Versatile and customizable. This drink can be served warm or cold. Additionally, it can be served at a wide range of different events.
- Full of fall flavor. What’s more like fall than a little cinnamon spice and some sweet apple? This cocktail blends the two of those together in the perfect well balanced drink full of fall flavor.
- Easy and fast. If you’re looking for a fast and easy to make cocktail, this Is it. You only need two ingredients and about 2 minutes to get this one stirred together.
⭐ When to Make This Drink
This cocktail is ideal for various fall season occasions. Here are just four examples of when you might want to serve this drink up:
- Halloween parties
- Cozy evenings by the fireplace
- Thanksgiving celebrations
- Casual fall get togethers
If you’re interested in experimenting with some ingredient substitutions or other slight flavor variations for this cocktail, here are a couple of ideas:
- Warm it up. If you would like a warm cocktail, then you can carefully warm your apple cider on the stove at medium heat for a few minutes before adding the fireball.
- Add garnishes. You can double down on the flavors in this drink by adding fresh apple slices or cinnamon sticks. Or, you can make it a little sweet by adding a dollop of whipped cream and sprinkling cinnamon on top or adding a cinnamon sugar rim.
- Make it sparkling. Add a little splash of soda such as ginger ale or lemon lime soda If you like to have a sparkling drink.
- Add a little sweetness. If you want to make this drink even sweeter, you can add 25 oz of either caramel sauce for a caramel flavor or simple syrup for a straight sweetener. Additionally, you could substitute the plain simple syrup for a cinnamon simple syrup or a an apple simple syrup.
- Make it for a crowd. Multiply your ingredient amounts by six times and serve this from a punch bowl if you are serving for a large gathering.
- 2 oz Fireball Whiskey
- 4 oz Apple Cider
Go ahead and get started by gathering everything you need including cocktail sugar, hawthorne strainer, rocks glass, jigger, ice, apple cider and Fireball whiskey.
Use the ice to fill up both the rocks glass as well as the cocktail shaker to the top.
Using the jigger, measure out 4 oz of apple cider. Then, dump that into the cocktail shaker.
Using the jigger, measure out 2 oz of Fireball whiskey. Then, dump that into the cocktail shaker.
Place the top of the cocktail shaker on. Spend about 15 or 20 seconds shaking well until the shaker becomes cold to touch.
Remove the shaker lid and put the Hawthorne strainer over top of the shaker. Pour your drink from the shaker into the rocks glass over the ice.
Fireball and Apple Cider
- bar spoon
- Hawthorne strainer
- cocktail shaker
- highball glass
- 2 oz Fireball
- 4 oz Apple Cider
- Grab up some ice and use it to fill the highball glass up to the top.
- Pick up the fireball. Using the jigger, measure up 2 oz of fireball and dump it into the glass.
- Pick up the apple cider. Using the jigger, measure up 4 oz of apple cider and dump it into the glass.note: alternatively, you can skip doing the jigger measuring. And, instead, just fill the glass to the top with apple cider.
- To mix this drink you have two options:1) Gently toss the drink from the glass to the shaker. Then, from the shaker to the glass.2) Stick the bar spoon into the glass and stir it up.
- Also fill the shaker with ice.
- Add the ingredients into the shaker instead of the glass.
- Put the shaker lid on and shake it up for about 15 seconds or so.
- Take off the shaker lid and put the strainer on the shaker.
- Pour the drink into the glass.